jueves, 10 de marzo de 2011

USA-Marine

Hello, boy
What is your name?
Where are you?
Are you Latin?
Where is your country?
My name is Sam
I'm your brother
I'm  the strength of your steps:
Walk with me,
You need the light,
and my holy hand's protection.
Don't be afraid
I'm your brother
You can look at my face
We will drink the same wine
We will cultivate the same land
We will sow the freedom
We are the night that slips along the streets of the future
I'm your brother
I'm your brother
Don't doubt it
I' m the road of the hope
You can look into my eyes
What color are your eyes?
My eyes are blue!
But we are brothers:
Don't kiss the floor
I don't hate you
I'm your brother
With these ape's bones
We will ignite the same fire:
Don't cry
It was all necessary
Freedom has its price
Lick my gun
It's the salvation of your soul
It relieves your wounds
Don't keep it quiet!
We will drink the same blood
We are brothers
Don't humiliate yourself
The end is coming,
but remember:
I'm your brother!


by Isaías Cañizales Ángel (Boconó, 1973).


The poem was taken from: Las ruinas de la Casa/Premio de poesía Fernando Paz Castillo 2010. Published by CELARG, Venezuela.
 

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario